- Obstructive – relaxed throat muscles cause an obstruction.
- Central – the brain does not send the proper messaging to the muscles.
- Complex – includes both Obstructive and Central.
Symptoms for all three types can overlap, which sometimes makes Sleep Apnea difficult to diagnose and treat. If you’re experiencing any of the following (or a combination), it may be time to see your ENT Specialist:
- Episodes of disrupted breathing or not breathing at all
- Fatigue during the day or Hypersomnia
- Excessive or loud snoring
- Dry mouth
Our doctors here at Northeast Atlanta ENT specialize in Sleep Apnea, providing you with exceptional care and options to treat the root cause of the issue. Our newest option for treatment is called Inspire, an FDA-approved device that is implanted during an outpatient, non-invasive procedure that treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea at the core. All you have to do is press a button, and the device opens your airway to ensure better airflow and a peaceful night’s sleep. No more masks or noisy machines!
For more information about Sleep Apnea and how Northeast Atlanta ENT can help you, listen to Dr. Matthew Carmichael’s short video: https://northeastatlantaent.com/snoring-sleep-apnea/
Get to know Dr. Carmichael: https://northeastatlantaent.com/matthew-carmichael-md/
If you’d like to read more about Inspire, go to https://www.inspiresleep.com/
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call us today: (770) 237-3000.